The Studio Downtown isn’t just a place that looks like it should be in a magazine. It’s an accommodating, diverse, functional, and inspiring coworking space for Central Arkansas businesses and professionals of all kinds - and it has free snacks and coffee! Whether you need a place for yourself or your team to gather daily, a studio to record a podcast in, a spot to host some meetings, or a place to host a workshop, The Studio Downtown is the spot. This groundbreaking space has such an interesting story, so we wanted to tell you all about it in this atLocal business highlight.
ABOUT KATE CARNAHAN + JESSICA CRUM
Kate and Jessica are two of Conway’s most prominent creative thought leaders. For over 6 years, they’ve been running Silverlake Design Studio - a team of impressive Graphic Designers and Digital Marketers who help brands communicate their messages through their logos, websites, and other digital and print materials. The team was bouncing around town, working in different coffee shops, eager for a “home” of sorts, but having their own office wasn’t the right fit.
Kate and Jessica reflected on their times in metro cities across America - hubs like Chicago, LA, and San Francisco all had coworking spaces that solved this issue for so many professionals across the country! So, why didn’t Conway have one? Along with an amazing team of other creatives, Kate and Jessica put their dreams to action in 2018 when the doors to The Studio Downtown opened to the public. Now, Conway may just have the raddest coworking spot in the state - and it’s 100% woman-owned.
ABOUT THE SPACE
The 10,000+ square foot coworking space that makes up The Studio Downtown is filled to the brim with intentional design and attention to detail. The space is meant to feel global and ethnic, even though it’s an industrial setting. There’s something so warm and inviting about The Studio that makes you want to nestle in with your devices and work your heart out.
There are two stories in The Studio and about a zillion choices of seats and surfaces to work from. Comfy couches, swinging chairs, giant tables, barstools, desks for one, classrooms, podcast and photography studios, a mock patio… The Studio Downtown has a nook fit for everyone and every occasion. Largely contributed by Central Arkansas muralist, Jessica Jones, the bright murals on almost every wall are inspiring muses for the creatives who gather to work here (not to mention, they make for awesome Zoom backdrops), and the multitude of plants and greenery bring life and joy into the space.
House rules keep people from chatting you up when you’re in the zone, but don’t worry, there’s still plenty of opportunities to be social - coworkers can mingle and make connections when they’re in the designated coworking spots, up walking around, or getting coffee. Speaking of coffee… The Studio’s coffee bar is always stocked with freshly brewed coffee from Conway’s own Round Mountain coffee and a bunch of snacks - all free and unlimited for day passers, members, and guests so that the creative fuel never runs out.
The amenities of The Studio Downtown are accessible for businesses and professionals of all kinds. From memberships, to day passes, to meeting slots, there’s an option for everyone. Here are some of the ways you can use The Studio to take your productivity to the next level.
- Consider a Membership! The Studio currently offers two different monthly memberships. Choose the nomad membership and work in any open space you’d like, or choose the resident membership and get a desk dedicated to you! As a member, you can have clients and guests in for meetings, treat them (and yourself) to unlimited coffee and snacks, come and go as you please, and create an amazing community for yourself amongst the other professionals in The Studio. You also get access to secure, high-speed internet, unlimited printing, and use of the conference rooms and studios!
- Feel it Out with a Day Pass (or Two)! You can hang out for a day and get the vibe of the place with a day pass to The Studio Downtown. Buy as many as you like; there’s no limit. Give coworking a real shot, and see if it’s the right fit for you.
- Book a Conference Room. Take your meetings up a notch! Whether you need a space for a 6-man team or to accommodate a group of 30, The Studio has a room for you - and they all come with full access to the coffee bar! Book for 2 hours of meeting time or discuss your needs with the staff.
- The Venus Conference Room - seats 6-8, has an Apple TV and a 6ft whiteboard for your team to use!
- The Mars Conference Room - seats 8-10, has an apple TV and a 6ft whiteboard for brainstorming!
- The Nabholz Workshop Wing - seats 25-30, comes equipped with presentation technology, two smart TVs, and a whiteboard.
- Borrow the Podcast Studio Space! Renting out The Studio Downtown’s podcast studio includes an hour of recording time in the soundproof room, seating for 2-4 people, high-performance podcasting mics and headphones, and free coffee bar access. What more could you ask for?
Book a Shoot in the Photography Studio! One hour of shooting time, seamless studio backdrops, professional studio lighting, and a variety of staging props are included in this booking option. Such a unique opportunity for Conway’s talented photographers!
The Studio Downtown is one of the most innovative additions to our city that we’ve seen yet! We are so proud and excited to share its origins with you, but to truly understand how special it is, you should visit for yourself. The Studio team would be delighted to show you around, so go on! Book a tour! You may just find your new favorite place to get stuff done.